Transnational Water Innovation Strategy
TWIST (Transnational Water Innovation Strategy) is an Interreg Sudoe project with a clear objective: the development of an open model of innovation in wastewater management, from a circular economy approach, to comply with the Water Framework Directive.
The TWIST Project has an ERDF budget of €1,198,500, co-financed by the Interreg Sudoe Programme. Consortium is led by the Centre of New Water Technologies Foundation (CENTA) and made up of 11 partners from Portugal, Spain and France.
What are its key activities?
- To create three Living Labs in which to develop experimental processes and innovative solutions for the efficient management, treatment, reuse and recovery of wastewater.
- Open Water Lab 2 - OWL2 (in Spain) dedicated to waste water treatment and reuse
- LaViSO (in France) dedicated to wastewater treatment and infrastructure management
- Urban Lisbon Living Lab, uL3 (in Portugal) dedicated to wastewater reuse and resource recovery.
- To develop Twist Market Place, a virtual catalogue for communication and market integration of innovative solutions tested in living labs.
- To spread and promote this knowledge in order to improve regional development in a sustainable way through:
- Development of training materials on Public Procurement of Innovative Solutions
- Organization of national events for the development of innovation capacities in the water sector
- Creation of the International Business School for Water Management (Escuela Internacional de Negocios para la Gestión del Agua, in Spanish)